Monday, June 6, 2011

September 8, 1996 • Part II • Sailboys

Hunter 23.5 (image from The Captain's Log)
Dear Diary,

With all that behind, the real reason that prompted me to open your covers.

Last night, Saturday, I met two handsome guys or men.

I went to the marina's end season party and they were both there too. They are sail boaters and have an S2. Their names are Eric and Matt. Mother has told me that Matt is a senior and since his is the younger of the 2, they are brothers, I assume that Eric is is a college student.

The band was playing all kinds of music and dad told me to go over and ask them to dance. I told dad that I was shy and we argued a little and I decided that at the next song I would ask them to dance. They got to me first. I was told later that their mother told them to ask me to dance.

Matt is shier of the 2 though I don't know if I would call it shyness. More like not as spontaneous.


"Eric did ask me if I was in high school or college and I took that as a compliment. All I told him was that I was in high school..."


Eric, I danced with most of the night. He taught me a few moves and it was the best time I've ever had with a guy before. He was nice and even though in the beginning with all 3 of us it was a bit awkward talking, we all soon got over it.

I really wish I could put it into better words but dancing with Eric was just so... I don't know.

Matt got tired about half way through the night and so it was just Eric and I. Eric did ask me in the beginning if I was in high school or college and I took that as a compliment. All I told him was that I was in high school.

As parents will do, mine and theirs asked ages and places in education and I assume that Matt and Eric have been told by now, Sunday, that I am 15 and in 10th grade and maybe too young for them but it isn't that much of a year difference. It can work. Jess & Tony made it work.

Matt and Eric and Ron (their dad), and their mom (I don't know her name), all live near by and are learning how to sail. They sailed to Duck Island, somewhere I wish I could go by sailboat. Eric sounded surprised when I told him we had only sailed to the closest city.


"I prefer our Hunter 23.5 Its more sleek..."


When they left I was very tempted to ask for a phone # but I didn't.

I was supposed to see them again today for clean up but by the time we got back from church all was done and they were gone though I did look at their S2. I prefer our Hunter 23.5. Its more sleek and has more space to walk around on the top deck. We also put up our own jib which I feel is a lot more like sailing than with a self-furling jib.

I hope I see Eric or even Matt again soon but I guess now God has control over that now. I am afraid to even become involved with Eric or Matt because they are brothers and I hate hurting people's feelings. May God guide me and them.

Amen
Ann Mouse

Grownup Ann says,

God never guided them back to me but my father remembered the family and astounded me with this lovely tidbit of information: they sold the sailboat and bought violins!

No comments:

Post a Comment