Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 26, 1998 • Part III • The Real Thing

Continued from Part II

So we leave and I follow him as far as my road and turn off and he waves bye to me and I wave to him. When we were in the park to leave I mouthed bye to him and he gave me another one of those stares and then smiled at the end.

So I get home and have to see Kat after I shower and when I went out to pick up pizza. That takes about an hour and 45 minutes and I come home the whole time wondering if John called, which he didn't.

I'm all anxious for John to call even though he didn't give me any sign that he would and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high so they won't squash me when they're coming down. Then the phone rings right when I'm about to take the dog for a walk and I run to get it half knowing it won't be him. It's 9. Glory be!



I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high so they won't squash me when they're coming down.



It is him and I don't think he recognizes my voice when I answer and he asks for my brother so I give him to him and listen to my brother's end of the conversation. Eventually the phone gets to me and we talk for a long time though I still keep losing my thoughts and he tells me that his parents didn't go out and he had to work. That explains his late time of calling.

We talk and talk about lots of things like demolition derby like we did before and I ask him again to call me if he gets a free night and he tells me again that its really hard for him to get a free night and so I say "I'll see you Thursday at scouts" but I don't know if I can go or not! Ahh! I really want to see him. He's a real gentleman and really sweet.

So I had to call Kat up and tell her and then the power went out because of the storm and I wrote this.

It took about and hour and 45 minutes to write.

Whew!


Grownup Ann says,

Whew is right! I'm pretty sure I couldn't have cared less about demo derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment