Monday, May 16, 2011

January 30, 1995 • Death and God

To the reader,

Diary Scribble
I, Ann Mouse, have been told that my grandfather (Opa) is going to be dead in my adult family's eyes.

I am told that one day last week, no specific date given, that he woke up and looked at the nurse. He said "I was supposed to die today".

This shows to me that some one has been looking out for him and talking to him. I think that either god or gods angels or the trinity have been speaking to him in what ever way they do.

I hope that if and when Opa dies that he is thinking happy thoughts. That he is thinking about seeing his wife that died of cancer, I think and seeing his old friends.

I hope most of all that he is in no pain.

I hope and will pray that the angels will carefully carry him to heaven and let him be filled with the joy that he can no longer, never ever, feel pain as intense as what I can only guess he was feeling while he was alive on this earth.

I also hope that the family will all know together when dies. All of them should know at the same time like a feeling in there heart that Opa has finally been taken to a place were all he can see is happiness and joy. No pain, sorrow, or agony.

I also hope that Oma will think about having a time when the family & friends can say good things about him and not stand around and sulk and stare at a dead body with out a soul.

I think that if we have the time when we said good things about him that he could look down and see it. I don't believe he would be able to see the wake.

I also want every one not to feel too bad about him leaving. They should feel happy that he is not in pain.

He will always be with us in our hearts if we know how to look for him. I think he would want us to be happy for him.


"We are aloud to grieve over the loss of his body from our world and his face and voice."


We should also be happy that he is in a place full of love.

God will take care of him and us. We have to have faith in god. He made us. He gave us food & life. He knows how we feel and he will watch over us. Feel strength in that thought & courage to get through this with the family.

Amen


Grownup Ann says,

My first death in the family and my belief in an afterlife is concrete here. He will not be dead - just untouchable.

2 comments:

  1. Sir J, it is always nice to hear from you.

    This belief has not wavered though I no longer believe the words of others so much as what I know in my heart.

    ReplyDelete