Tuesday, April 26, 2011

January 9, 1993 • Romantic

Diary Scribble

Dear Diary,

Today we (the family) went to church and I put my hair up in a bun. I thought it looks real romantic with the curl hanging down on the side. I wore my velvet vest a white button up shirt and my flower (yellow) long skirt. I also wore my choker with the heart with the black in the middle.

I went to church and had to do nursery because no one had signed up. I read some in my book and the church canceled church school after church because there was not enough kids at church. We went home and then went out to eat at Perkins.

Cover art of
the secret paperback
We came home and I did mom's hair like mine but without the curls. I went up stairs and put all my buttons on my coat (17). I didn't know I had that many.

The name of the book I am reading is "Gentle Warrior" by Julie Garwood (Mom, if your are reading this you better stop. Now. This is my private book and you will be invading my privacy, I have a way of finding out things like if you were in here. get OUT!) It goes for any body else too!

I found a candle holder and shined it up. I put it in a chest with all my things that are close to me. I have to find a lock for it. It is for when I share secrets or just want to remember.


Grownup Ann says,

Twelve years old and reading historical romances that I stole from my mother.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! A very nice insight into your/her mind to start with.

    I used to know a young lady in her twenties who was a big romance book fan and who started out "borrowing" her mother's copies when she was about that age. I see some of my son's 14 year old girl friends (as opposed to "girlfriends") now and I can't even imagine them reading at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did eventually get caught with those books, but I was not deterred.

    ReplyDelete